Saturday, January 3, 2015

Ongoing Projects - Part 1


Lets dive right in. I've got a lot of projects currently unfinished. I'm hoping that I'll be able to use this blog as a tool to both push myself to complete some of these, as well as well as perfect my painting and converting and scratch building skills.

Here is a list of ongoing projects:


1. "The Bound" - a Night Lords warband centered around a home brew campaign called "The Assault on Pertinaax". While this army is largely finished, I recently began the long task of updating my color scheme, and adding a few newer components. While this isn't my first army, it is the army I care about the most, and have been working on it for nearly seven years as of this post.

2. Unnamed Kings of War Kingdoms of Man Army - An army designed to be similar in visual and tactical style to the tercios of the 30 Years War. I'm waiting on a shipment from warlord games, and I already have some Games Workshop Empire models that will help to fill out my list. I've largely not started this list, and am excited to build something new.

3. With the purchase of several boxes of Dark Vengeance, I have a collection of Dark Angels snap fit marines. While I'm not opposed to Dark Angels in principle, I've been pretty disenchanted with the newer models in their line, and will be converting them into Exorcists chapter marines. They'll use Red Scorpion chapter tactics, by default, but I'll give them the option to apply other tactics as well. There will likely be an Inquisition detachment and a few Grey Knight allies in the final build. I just got a shipment of conversion parts and will likely lead with this project.



4. I also have a collection of Chaos Daemons that are usually relegated to allies in my Night Lords lists, though have made a few solo appearances. I have about half of these models painted, and the other half in various states. I'm now considering replacing the now rather worthless Horrors with Plaguebearers, and Blight Drones, which will substantially change the army.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment